Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pandan Chiffon Cake Mix from Prima


Was at NTUC today and I saw the Pandan Chiffon Cake Mix from Prima. It looked really good so I decided to try it out. I was kinda skeptical because the last blueberry cake mix from some random brand tasted pretty artificial and the last thing I wanted was a radioactive looking green cake out of my stove. But I decided to be adventurous and just went for it.

I followed the instructions to the tee, using my iPhone stopwatch to make sure I do not overbeat the mixture. The only thing that differed was that I didn't have a tube cake tin. I used a regular cake tin. Check out the colours in the picture. Really natural and not as radioactive looking as I expected.

All in all, the cake turned out really well, save for the slight collapse in the centre. But I suppose that can be rectified if I used a proper tube cake mould. Really lovely, cake mix wasn't too sweet and my dad actually helped himself to a slice after he tasted my test cake. He is a fussy eater who doesn't usually eat cakes, so that says quite a bit!

Go easy on the slices though, cakes always pack too much calories in too little volume ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment