Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Blk 39 Teban Gardens Road Fish Bee Hoon (Hao Chu Seafood)

I am a big fan of fish noodles soup. One of my favourite fish noodles hails from an unassuming kopitiam zichar stall in Teban Gardens - Hao Chu. I discovered it out of accident a couple of years ago. We were driving around teban gardens to park our car when we drove past this zichar place and saw that that it was brimming with people despite the heavy rains. So us being the typical Singaporeans, we decided to check it out. We noticed people ordering almost the same thing that day - the white bowl of noodles with the milky broth. Ahh, fish soup it was. I decided to try it too and boy was I sold!

The broth was a wonderful mix of chinese herbs (including dang gui according to my mom) with a tinge of evaporated milk. S$4.50 gives you a bowl of noodles and 4 large pieces of fish. There's a side of cut chili that you should add into the noodles if you're a fan of spice. It adds that extra zing to the soup. My only gripe about this place is that the noodles aren't always consistent, sometimes they taste really good, sometimes it's just normal, thank goodness it's more good than normal. I'm not really complaining though, the times when the fish noodles taste out of this world, make up for the days when the cook ain't that happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment