Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Deep Fried Duck with Yam @ Putien

I am not a big fan of yam. Seriously, in fact I kinda hate it and will avoid it whenever possible. However this time round I was with a group of friends and they did the ordering and they told me that I absolutely had to try this Deep Fried Duck with Yam at Putien. Under much encouragement from my friends, I decided to pick it up and bite into it.

Boy was I surprised that they managed to remove the raw-sweet-rooty taste of the yam that I abhor and it was a brilliant combination of duck and well cooked coated yam paste. The yam kind of enhanced the fragrance of the duck. Combined with the crispy crust and savoury sauce, the marriage turned out really yummy.

If you're dropping by Putien, do try out this dish. Just in case if you're wondering, I still am not a big fan of yam. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment