Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ippudo Ramen @ Mandarin Gallery

Went to try Ippudo Ramen @ Mandarin Gallery. Thank goodness I was a couple of minutes early and we didn't really have to queue. Just 5 minutes after we've settled in, a long queue that vaguely resembles a snake started to form up behind us. The only complain that I have is that the tables are really long and I was having difficulty conversing with my dinner date as we could hardly hear each other at the distance.

You could choose the ramen done-ness as you like. There's like hard, medium and soft to choose from. So based on my observation, it seems like if you're someone who slowly savors your bowl of noodles, it is better to choose hard, because eventually it will soften to a good texture. If you're someone who devours your food, best to go for soft. Medium is for the undecided :P

I went for the Akamaru Kasaneaji. (Approx S$21 incl taxes + charges) The broth is wonderful and you can really taste the goodness of all ingredients that went into making it. There was this special miso paste thing that you mix in. It was a tad salty but that's how the Japanese like their ramen. I don't often finish an entire bowl of noodles but I finished them this time round. Guilty as I might have felt, but I think it was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment