Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Gado Gado @ Angsana Bintan's Lotus Cafe

Went on a whimsical trip to Angsana Bintan by myself to meditate. While I was there, I had this huge craving for gado-gado (an indonesian salad dish) and I decided to have it for lunch. I was too lazy to travel out of the resort so I decided to go to the Lotus Cafe and check out if they had that. Thank god they had that dish on the list and I promptly ordered it even though it was really expensive for gado-gado @ US$15. Yeah, we pay in US dollars there but I just wanted to indulge myself a little bit. 

Dish was immaculately assembled. Had a nice basket of keropok (I love these crackers) with sambal chili. They even grilled the prawns on lemongrass skewers and they have mastered the timing well such that the prawns were just cooked and succulent with lemongrass infused flavour. To top it off, I had a nice view of the sea and relaxing afternoon by myself. My only grouse was that the service staff kept exclaiming and asking why I was alone and that I should have come with someone when they found out that I was a lone ranger. Aye, can't I have some romantic time to myself? :/






No comments:

Post a Comment