Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Jian Fei Guo - Diet Fruit


My friend saw this at a chinese medicinal hall and bought me a packet. To cook this fruit, you need to put 1-2 pieces in hot water and stir in some honey or sweetener. This fruit is supposed to help you lose weight but oh boy does it taste nasty. 

I misinterpreted the instructions and actually cooked like 6 pieces of it in 2 cups of water without honey, then fed it to my mom, cause i was trying to help her lose weight too. The bitterness from the fruit was so overwhelming that it kind of traumatized her. I immediately went online to re-read the instructions then realise that you put only 1-2 pieces not 6-7. Sorry mom! Didn't mean it. :(

I'll definitely look into matching the fruit with natural sweeteners and perfect the taste, I'm sure the fruit will be able to help one lose weight from its natural properties, and not its taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment