Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Frog porridge @ Sinma Live Seafood Geylang

The last time I ate frog porridge was probably in 2008 at Chomp Chomp (Serangoon Gardens). The last time I ate frog porridge at Sinma was probably in 2003 before I flew over to the US for my internship. Still tastes as good as what I remembered from years ago. I like the gooey porridge thing where you can pour the sauce over it to eat it. Frog legs were very tender. I wouldn't say that frog legs taste like chicken, it's just an interesting chewy yet tender texture that I can't find in other meats. Hmm, maybe the thigh of the chicken? Like you know, muscles. 

We spent about $37 including drinks for 2, a plate of vegetables and these 3 claypots of stuff. (Friend says it was 5 frogs but seriously I wasn't paying attention). Overall it tasted good enough for me to want to come back next time, but maybe not wait for years this time round ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment