Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Gong Cha

And so I had the legendary Gong Cha today. When Gong Cha first came into the market, hordes of people had no qualms queuing up hours for it. Ok maybe not hours, but at least a good 15-20 minute wait.  My good friend kept talking about Gong Cha and I did not know what the hype was about until I tried it. 30% sugar (yeah you get to choose the level of sweetness)

My first sip of the tea was heavenly. I don't know what they put in the white frothy thing, some kind of milk mix. It was so fragrant, sweet and a unique after taste. You really have to taste it get what I am trying to say. The tea has tastes in layers - top, middle and bottom. Just amazing! After the first taste, I finally realize why people are so crazy about this tea. 

Well, calories are definitely worth it, but just don't finish all the bubbles at the bottom. The tapioca bubbles are simply too carb laden. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment