Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Crispy noodles @ Baystreet21 (IMM)

Met a friend for lunch at Baystreet 21 @ IMM. I grew up around the area and is a frequent visitor to IMM. I have been walking past this little cafe for a good 10+ years of my life but it never dawned upon me to try it. I never knew what they served and was always under the impression that it was indonesian food. Friend arranges a meeting and asks me to meet him at Baystreet 21. Interesting - menu is a mix of asian and western. Basically everything, reminds me of those  Hainanese eateries along Purvis street - where the chefs used to work for the British and developed their own Singapore style western food. 

I decided to order the Seafood crispy noodles @ $9.80. It is more expensive than other cafes but they do give a little bit more ingredients (ie seafood) and you're kinda paying for eating at a sit down cafe. I guess its fine considering it was a semi business meeting. Pretty yummy though I only ate half the noodles to control my carbs. I still think the best crispy noodles I ever had was at Cineleisure basement food court - some kind of braised duck crispy noodles. However I think the stall is no longer there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment