Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Mad Jacks at Simpang Bedok

Decided to check out Mad Jacks finally after procrastinating for so long. We visited the branch at Simpang Bedok. Was kinda surprised that it wasn't too crowded, probably because the prices aren't exactly very very cheap compared to the other food around. We ordered the broccoli salad above, a ribeye and grilled chicken + 2 drinks. The bill came up to S$40+.

One thing to note when going to Mad Jacks - they don't have service staff, so you basically fill up a form that you can get from the table and note the table number. Then you go order over the counter and pay up first. They will then send the food over. 

I felt like a noob when I tried getting the attention of the servers until eventually they explained that I had to go to the counter to order. I'm like perfectly fine with it, but it will be cool if they had bigger signs explaining the process and not make me feel stupid. 

Food wise, pretty good quality. Although I thought the broccoli salad had way too much yoghurt in it and smelled a bit funny. But I'm not picky. We were very full after the meal. The rib-eye was kinda medium rare bordering on medium but still passable. It's the kind where you know it is in between. Not rare enough to be there and not cooked enough to be medium lol. 

I'm not too sure if I'll be back though but my tummy was satisfied at least :)

No comments:

Post a Comment