Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Poached eggs at Group Therapy

Went for brunch at this quaint little place called Group Therapy at Duxton. It's very arty farty and is a hit with the breakfast crowd. We decided to go check it out. While the ambience was fun and retro, I kinda thought the food was pretty overpriced. I ordered Poached Eggs and I think it cost me $16 for a slice of thick toast, some salmon (very little), 2 small eggs and hollandaise sauce. Being an expert with eggs, I could tell that they used smaller eggs instead of the regular big ones. I mean, paying $16, I would expect the eggs to be bigger? Lol. 

But I guess our main gripe was that the service took a really long time. Like 20-30 mins before the food can be served. I wasn't exaggerating but it was really really slow. 

I guess the flavor was alright, I kinda liked the poached eggs but my friend's order of the sunny side up was returned because the parma ham tasted funny. I think we feedbacked to the owner and at least she was nice enough to change the order to a stack of pancakes and followed up by saying that she will check on her batch of the ham. 

My friends got really pissed and started to joke about how we need to go for Group Therapy after eating here. They really need to work on the pricing a little bit + service speed. 

Once is enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment