Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Dates from Golden Landmark Hotel

It was the first time that I actually ate dates and it was actually a pretty good experience. Being chinese, the only experience I have with dates are the funny tasting kinds where they boil with the soups. Naturally I thought that dried arabic dates would taste somewhat like the ones I am used to hence I never really was enticed to try the dates....

Until a girlfriend of mine bought an entire bag and insisted that I try. I took the first bite with trepidation but was very surprised that it didn't taste as bad as I thought it would be! In fact I liked it so much that I fell in love with dates. Haha! So yes, these dates were bought at the basement of Golden Landmark Hotel's shopping area. There is a shop that sells only dates and they have a huge variety from the different countries. 

Do check them out if you're looking for some good ol' middle eastern fare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment